Back to District Home
Kingman County, Kansas
Unified School District No. 331
Kingman Norwich Schools
Proposition No. 1
Shall Unified School District No. 331, Kingman County, Kansas (Kingman-Norwich), issue general obligation bonds in an amount not-to-exceed $19,075,000 to pay a portion of the estimated $20,060,031 costs to:
- Make improvements to the existing Kingman High School including remodeling of existing classrooms and support spaces, new roof, and new HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) system to accomodate the relocation of 7th and 8th grade students to the high school facility:
- Make improvements to the existing Kingman Elementary/Middle School including new HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning) system and demolition of the 1950’s portion of the building;
- Make improvements to the existing Norwich School including new roof and new HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning) system;
- Construct small additions and make improvements to district attendance centers for enhanced safety and security purposes.
- Make all other necessary improvements appurtenant thereto;
- Pay the costs of issuance and interest on said general obligation bonds of the District during construction of the Project;
All in accordance with the appropriate Kansas statutes.
The balance of the estimated costs will be paid by existing District funds or interest earned on the reinvestment of bond proceeds during construction.