USD 331 Kingman-Norwich Parent Admission Rules
By action by the KSHSAA Board of Directors, the following was approved December 8, 2020 pertaining to parents attendance at games and activities:
Effective Thursday, December 10 through January 28, 2021, interscholastic activities will allow for attendance of up to two parents/guardians per participant(s) family as allowed by local board of education or health department restrictions.
1. Participants include:
· Student Managers
· Cheer squads/coaches
· Pep bands/directors
· Student Journalists
2. Coaches at events may have parents/guardians or spouse/significant other.
3. Children of coaches and administrators do not meet the definition approved by the BOD.
4. School Board members do not meet the criteria established by the BOD unless their child is an active participant.
5. Parents/guardians are there to support their child while in competition; there is no reason for them to attend “all” games in the facility on a given day.
6. Teams playing in that facility as part of a multi-game event may remain in the gym as long as they are socially distant.
7. All spectators must be masked the entire time in the facility, even if they are socially distanced. Masks must be worn properly at ALL TIMES.
8. No “substitutes” for parent/guardian if they are unable to attend the contest.
9. Event staff such as scorekeepers, clock operators, ticket takers, etc. are not afforded parent/guardian or spouse attendance.
10. The impacted interscholastic activities in our district include basketball, forensics/speech, scholars bowl, wrestling and other club events.
Up to two parents/guardians per family may attend a basketball game, wrestling meet or other event for our middle schools or high schools if they have children participating that day.
To Repeat: Other family members or friends may not take the place of a parent/guardian. (No Substitutions)
Even If a family has more than one child/participant in the game, only two parents/guardians per family may attend. (Games will be streamed)
This limit includes split family (divorce) situations as well. Only two parents/guardians may attend. Parents need to work this out long before coming to a game.
There will not be any arguing nor negotiating at the gate.
Our coaches or school personnel are contacting players and/or parents/guardians to verify the appropriate names are added to our gate list for home and away games. Parents/guardians will need to verify with the school office that their name is on the list next to their child’s/participant’s name in order to enter the game. You are welcome to call the school office to confirm.
Middle school games do not charge admission; however, our high school games will still charge admission to enter the game BUT, the parent's/guardian’s name MUST BE ON THE GATE LIST.
Everyone in attendance will be required to wear a mask at all times. All participants (including but not limited to athletes, coaches, officials, spectators, support staff and all others attending/participating in school activities) are required to wear a Mask properly covering the Nose and Mouth while at the event venue and for the duration of the event. The only exception is provided for athletes during the time they are competing and for officials during active play. Local health department guidelines and USD 331 District Policy require a mask be worn at all times.
Thank you in advance for following these rules and doing your part to help keep our kids safe and playing.